Peace and War
- The Mother Jones War Watch — a good choice for a daily read on the war in Iraq.
- Washington Post/MSNBC: Aid efforts for Iraq stalled at border — President Bush promises humanitarian assistance soon
- Mother Jones: Words of War — Unsure how to support the Bush administration at this critical juncture? Now, you can strike a blow against our enemies by simply reworking your vocabulary.
- Razormouth: Bulletin— ‘War Looms in Mordor’ — CNN meets Lord of the Rings
A humerous peace written from pro-war persective. (arguably though Tolkien was pro-war to an extent)
- Near Real-time Satellite images of the war in Iraq (warning, the webmaster takes a pro-war stance)
- Times Online (UK): Bush Sr warning over unilateral action
- From a San Marcos, TX peace movement listserve:
- “When about two dozen anti-war protestors descended on the square
Thursday, waving signs and changing, not everyone was pleased tos ee
them. Eating lunch in a restaurant across the street, San Marcos Mayor
Robert Habingreither called the protestors an unappetizing sight.
“I’m disappointed we don’t have unamimous support in this country for
this president,” he said. “It’s disgusting to me.”
It looks to me that it is time for San Marcos votes to boot Habingreither from office. From recent reports I’ve read from the community, I am “disgusted” by Mayor Habingreither’s lack of respect for free speech and free thought.
- Media Monitors.net: Casualities of War, First Truth then Conscience — My favorite line from this op-ed piece is, “At the bottom of FM radio dials, NPR has been morphing into National Pentagon Radio.” Sadly so true. Even NPR now has a pro-war bias.
- Detroit News: Anti-war shirt fight heats up — Dearborn school district, ACLU may end up in court