Introduction: Unless other noted, all times/dates below are in UTC, all frequencies are in kilohertz, the mode is AM, and my QTH is in EM15ep in far Northwest Oklahoma City
Most of my listening is done via ultralight shortwave radio receivers (my favorite of late is my CCrane Skywave, with my Retekess HR11S a close second), but I also sometimes use my Yaesu FT-817 or a standard car radio. I use a variety of antennas when at home but often use only the stock antenna when walking or bike riding outdoors.
My recent WSPR receptions are not logged in this report, but can be found here. More information on my use of WSPR (both receiving and transmitting) can be found on this page.
- R. Progreso 4765 on 03:56, February 6, 2019. SIO 453. Female voice in Spa. — Tuned back in at 03:59, heard some soft schmatzy music with a male voice. No sta. ID at top of the hour, continuing with music.
- Radio Habana Cuba 6060 at 04:04, Feb 6. SIO 554-555. Female voice interspersed between some Cuban music (sounds like the same voice I heard a few minutes ago on R. Progreso) — RECORDING#3 LINK
- Radio Rebelde 5025 on 03:58, Feb 6. SIO 443. Male voice in Spa.
- CRI relay via RHC 5910 at 04:03 Feb. 6. SIO 343.
- R. Enciclopedia 530 at about 01:55, Feb. 5. SIO 544, occasionally with some QRM from R. Rebelde from either Guatanamo or from Isle of Juventud. But otherwise super-strong and clear signal. Mix of music styles, all soft, but some more jazz, some more schmaltzy. (heard this was from a car radio 2 miles NE of downtown OKC).