- Here’s some more links on one of my favorite movies of all time Dazed and Confused (set in 1976 Austin, TX):
- Dazed-and-confused.net – very cool fan site with features on the cars, the music, pictures, even the script! The best part is a list of Austin sites used in filiming (One thing he didn’t mention though is that the beer bust in the end was filmed at West Enfield Park)
Here’s one cool quote from the site:
- The Moon tower is actually called the moonlight tower. There were originally 30 built in Austin by the Fort Wayne, In. electric company so Farmers could work their fields at night. There are 17 still standing in Austin. On a funny side note… My friend wanted to climb to the top of one because of the movie, so he did, and got arrested. I was there, but never climbed it. When the cop asked him why he did it, he said it was because they climbed it in the movie Dazed and Confused. The cop said he thought my friend was a little dazed and Confused. A female officer piped up and asked this cop if he had seen the movie, to which he replied “no”. She said “great movie”. I couldn’t believe it.
- Deseret News review of D-C
- IMDB’s listing for D-C (Click here to see The original trailer for the movie in RealPlayer format