Peace and War:
- MSNBC: Au revoir to French food names — Politics of culinary nomenclature captivate U.S. House
- WASHINGTON, Marhc 11 — Show the flag and pass the ketchup was the order of the day in House cafeterias Tuesday. Lawmakers struck a lunchtime blow against the French and put “freedom fries” on the menu. And for breakfast they’ll now have “freedom toast.” . . .
Two things are goofy about this story. First, the Associated Press mispelt “March” (copied exactly as it appeared on MSNBC), but secondly is the ignorance of our lawmakers. Emulating bigots like ??? the owner of Cubbies restaurant is stupid, but even worse when done by our lawmakers.
- AP/Yahoo: Bill Targets U.S. Troops Buried in France — Boy the bigots come out of the woodwork. Add Congresswoman Brown-Waite to the list of anti-French bigots who need to be replaced come next election.
- AP/Myway: U.S. Tests Massive Bomb in Florida
- OU Students Against War
- MSNBC: Moving the earth, and the generals — Franks makes visits in gulf en route to Qatar outpost; Army engineers digging, while troops dig in